Friday, October 31, 2008

THE FLU SHOT

    Yes, here is again another very controversial topic.  But since this is a blog promising not to sugar-coat anything I can not shy away from these important issues particularly with how they pertain to our children's health.  I am not a proponent of the flu shot.  I think it is risky and often very inaccurate.  To me it is just another big business that has gotten out of control.  The intention of helping people with lower immune systems protect themselves in quite wonderful but this article speaks to my greatest belief which is that NO SUGAR is one of the best ways to protect the immune system.  I know that some of the points in this article are not entirely accurate (you can get thimerosol-free flu shots), however its overall point speaks to my belief about this shot.  I can tell you that the one year I got the flu shot I got the worst flu EVER!!
If you are considering the flu shot for yourself or your children please read.

No comments: